The root chakra
Physical state of being
It is responsible for an individual’s sense of security and survival, it’s also connected to whatever you use to ground yourself, including basic needs such as food, water, shelter, and safety, as well as your more emotional needs such as letting go of fear and feeling safe. As you well know, when these needs are met, you tend to worry less. You don’t distrust people around you for no reason. You feel present in what is happening right now and very connected to your physical body. If it’s over-active: you may be materialistic and greedy. You feel as if you should be secure and are unwelcome to a change.
When it’s blocked: A variety of ailments can occur from blockages, including anxiety disorders, fears, or nightmares, adherents say and easily feel unwelcome.
Physically, the first chakra is associated with problems in the colon, with the bladder, with elimination, or with lower back, leg, or feet issues.
How to unblock:
- Cast all fear “if I wasn’t scared, I would…”
- Stand on the ground move pelvic forward
- Sit on the ground with legs crossed
- Physical exercise
The Seclar Chakra
If open, feeling is released with liberty and are expressed without you being over-emotional. You would be open to affinity and can be passionate as well as outgoing. You also have no problems based on sexuality. If it’s under-active: you tend to be unemotional or impassive, and are not very open to anybody. If it’s over-active: you tend to be sensitive and emotional all the time. You may also be very sexual.
You’re friendly, passionate, and successfully fulfilled while also eliciting feelings of wellness, abundance, pleasure, and joy. (Nice!) By honoring your body and expressing yourself creatively, you’re keeping the energy wheels turning and fluid.
When it’s blocked: When you’re feeling uninspired creatively or have some emotional instability, your sacral chakra may be misaligned. Likewise, this can also be associated with physical sexual disfunction, while also potentially experiencing fear of change, poor self-image, depression, or addiction-like behaviors.
Physically, the second chakra is associated with kidneys and bladder both function in water retention. The kidneys are also closely related to the adrenal glands, which are responsible for stress and sexual hormones.
How to unblock:
- “I calmly and firmly honor my needs”
- “I love myself”
- “I appreciate myself”
- “I respect myself”
- “I respect my needs in a gentle and assertive way”
- “I allow myself to say no clearly and respectfully”
- “I honor my needs, values, and feelings always”
- “I have the right to defend my needs and desires”
The Solar Plexus
Controlling or controlled
Superior or inferior to others (must have harmonious relationships with your surrounding)
This chakra encircles confidence, especially when in a group. When open, you should feel in control and have a good feeling of dignity in yourself. If it’s under-active: you tend to be passive and indecisive. You could be frequently apprehensive and this doesn’t reward you. If it’s over-active: you tend to be imperious and aggressive. Also responsible for Expression of will, the “accounting mind” that categorizes everything, assesses the pluses and minuses in life, the ability to establish ideas and plans into reality – what are your personal development goals? What personal skills would you like to expand? Exert your will in a way that leads to the expected results somewhat effortlessly
When it’s blocked: Excessive control and authority over your environment and people or the opposite in case of deficiency or blocked energy: Feeling of helplessness, irresponsibility; Being obsessed with minute details, seeing life through a filter of plus and minuses while losing sight of the whole picture; Being manipulative and Misusing your power; Lack of clear direction, lack of purpose or ambition; Making plans or having a lot of ideas without finding efficient ways to realize them.
Physically, the second chakra is associated with digestive tract and associated organs. The gut-brain connection is a largely supported idea that the brain and gut frequently communicate.
How to unblock:
- Practicing fast decision making
- Letting go
- Worrying less about the outcome
- Trusting the universe
The heart chakra
Love and Self-love
It is the energy expander and serves as the pathway between the physical and the spiritual. This chakra is all about love, caring, and endearment. When open, you seem to be compassionate and friendly, always working in amicable relationships. If it’s under-active: you tend to be cold and unfriendly. If it’s over-active: you tend to be so “loving” towards people that you suffocate them, and you could be seen as selfish for it.
When it’s blocked: 1. You’ve Been Dwelling On A Past Relationship; You’re Holding Onto Grudges, Trust Issues; Keeping All Your Emotions Bottled Up; Commitment Issues, Procrastinating When It Comes To Relationship; You’re Holding Onto Past Hurts; You Can’t Stop Focusing On Others & Putting Yourself Last
Physically, the second chakra is associated with the heart, sternum, upper back, breast, general function of lungs, blood and oxygen circulation.
How to unblock:
- You are enough
- Stop self-criticizing
- Take car pf one oneself physically and emotionally
- Look for good qualities within you
- Identify your strengths
- Focus on your good attributes
- Take care of others
- Put yourself first
- See the world in oneness instead of judging others
- Try to understand others emotionally (I know how you feel)
The Throat Chakra
Connection to self
Note that this chakra has a natural connection with the second chakra or sacral chakra, center of emotions. The throat chakra’s emphasis is on expressing and projecting the creativity into the world. Another function of the throat chakra is to connect you to spirit. Because of its location, it’s often seen as the “bottleneck” of the movement of energy in the body. It sits just before the upper chakras of the head. Opening the throat chakra can greatly help align your vision with reality and release pressure that may affect the heart chakra that is located just below.
When it’s blocked: A blocked throat chakra can contribute to feelings of insecurity, timidity, and introversion. On the other end of the spectrum, an overactive throat chakra may also lead to gossiping, nonstop talking, and being verbally aggressive or mean. It can seem as though the filter between the discourse you have in your mind and what comes out of your mouth is not working, or missing entirely.
When the throat chakra has an imbalance, it can manifest as:
- Not being able to listen to others
- Excessive fear of speaking
- Small, imperceptible voice
- Not being able to keep secrets, to keep your word
- Telling lies
- Lack of connection with a vocation or purpose in life
Physically, the second chakra is associated with throat, neck, vocal cords, thyroids
How to unblock:
- Cleanse with Water- helps to cleanse the throat chakra allowing for healthy energy flow.
- Eat More Fruit – apples, peaches, lemons and limes to your diet to cleanse and activate the throat chakra.
- Clear the Air – At-home aromatherapy using scents such as: jasmine, rosemary, sandalwood, calendula, ylang ylang
- Talk It Out
- Write It Down
- Let It Be – Letting go is difficult. Holding on to things over which you have no control can lead to resentment, guilt, and anger — all of which contribute to an imbalance of the throat chakra.
The Third Eye Chakra
Connection to wisdom
The Third eye chakra is associated to the pineal gland in charge of regulating biorhythms, including sleep and wake time. It’s a gland located in the brain that is a center of attention because of its relationship with the perception and effect of light and altered or “mystical” states of consciousness. It’s positioned close to the optical nerves, and as such, sensitive to visual stimulations and changes in lighting.
The third eye chakra is an instrument to perceive the more subtle qualities of reality. It goes beyond the more physical senses into the realm of subtle energies. Awakening your third eye allows you to open up to an intuitive sensibility and inner perception.
Because it connects us with a different way of seeing and perceiving, the third eye chakra’s images are often hard to describe verbally. It puts us in touch with the ineffable and the intangible more closely. Third eye visions are also often more subtle than regular visions: They may appear a bit “blurry”, ghost-like, cloudy, or dream-like. Sometimes however, the inner visions might be clear like a movie playing in front of your eyes.
Sustaining awareness of third eye chakra energy might require focus and the ability to relax into a different way of seeing. When we focus our mind and consciousness, we can see beyond the distractions and illusions that stand before us and have more insight to live and create more deeply aligned with our highest good.
The third eye chakra is associated with the archetypal dimensions, as well as the realm of spirits.
When it’s blocked:
- Feeling stuck in the daily grind without being able to look beyond your problems and set a guiding vision for yourself
- Overactive third chakra without support from the rest of the chakra system may manifest as fantasies that appear more real than reality, indulgence in psychic fantasies and illusions
- Not being able to establish a vision for oneself and realize it
- Rejection of everything spiritual or beyond the usual
- Not being able to see the greater picture
- Lack of clarity
Physically, the second chakra is associated with pineal gland
How to unblock:
- Foster thesilence of the mind, whether it’s through meditation, just sitting calmly in nature, or being absorbed in your favorite art or sport practice. If your mind is busy or noisy, you might miss the whisper of its wisdom.
- Let yourcreativity flow by letting your imagination loose. Start learning a new art or craft. It is a very efficient way to loosen your rational mind. When you calm the part of your mind that wants to be in charge of how reality should be and leverage your creativity to open up possibilities, your third eye capacity has more space to unfold and blossom.
- Ground yourself by landing both your feet on the ground. We need to have enough energy running through our whole body and energetic system to support ahealthy opening of subtle channels of perception. It can help us open up unhindered and avoid the common negative symptoms of third eye opening, such as feeling disoriented or confused.
- Rest under the moon light and reflect; the moon light resembles the quality of light of your intuitive center
- Strengthen the energy of your first chakra, as well as your throat chakra; both are useful anchors for unlocking the energy of your third eye in powerful and balanced ways
- Divination practices
- Dream work, dream interpretation, lucid dreaming
- Guided meditation, silent meditation
- See, focus on the space “in between” things
- Commune with nature and the energy of the elements
- Free flow
- Go outside and get lots of natural light.
- Spend time in complete darkness
- Mindful breathing to calm the mind
- Visualizing and meditating on the color blue or purple by visualizing a ball of energy of that color in the area of your Third Eye.
- Eat foods or supplements that support ahealthy activity of the pineal gland (and counter its calcification), such as iodine, Fulvic Acid, Chaga Mushrooms, Raw Cacao, Avocados, Almonds, Bananas, Beans, Beets, Chickpeas, Dates, Hazelnuts, Prunes, Raisins, Walnuts, Turmeric, chlorella, apple cider, Tamarind fruit
The Crown Chakra
Awareness of universal consciousness
Connection to the spiritual world
Gateway to the cosmic self or the divine self
This chakra allows access to the upmost clarity and enlightened wisdom. In order to activate we have to let go of everything and everyone. We can no longer feel any connection to the material world around us, but truly become spiritual beings who’s soul and the cosmic energy around us is ONE. Note that energetically, the seventh chakra has a connection with the first chakra, as they both are at the extremities of the chakra system.
When it’s blocked: leads to spiritual distress. Symptoms of a blockage in the seventh chakra include: Isolation and loneliness; inability to connect with others; Lack of direction; Inability to set or maintain goals; Feeling disconnected spiritually.
Physically, the second chakra is associated with pituitary gland.
How to unblock:
- Visualize a brilliant white or violet light pouring into the top of your head, washing away any blockages.
- Keep a dream journal to write down your dreams and imaginations.
- Repast affirmations:
- Om / Aum
- I am divine.
- I accept all that comes into my day with trust and selflessness.
- I am selfless.
- I honor all others.
- Life will bring me many wonders today.
- Today will bring me a new enthusiasm.
- My crown chakra projects inspiration.
- Use essential oils such as:
- Lavender- helps you incorporate spirituality in your daily life.
- Sandalwood- encourages deeper mediation and higher consciousness.
- Cedarwood- helps strengthen the Divine and universal connection
- Myrrh- creates a bridge between the universe and earth plane.
- Rosewood- promotes opening of the crown
The Soul Star Chakra
Connection between physical and non-physical
This chakra holds the truth of how your temporary life and individual consciousness fits into the bigger picture of universal consciousness – a link between the painting and the painter. Opening the 8th chakra is not about transcending, escaping from, dissociating from, disowning the physical or anything associated with your physical existence. Instead see your life as an opportunity for your soul to canvass itself physically. Fall in love with the physical instead. You are being called by the soul star chakra to stretch to hold both the truths of the temporal and the truths of the non-temporal. By intentionally doing things that enable your soul star chakra to come into alignment and to open, you will be stepping into your life purpose and by doing so, into alignment with divine purpose within the universe at large.
When it’s blocked: Can quickly lead to terminal illness, most especially mysterious illness that don’t fit a clear diagnosis and that do not respond to any treatment whatsoever. All the karmic residues are stored in The Soul Star Chakra, which you have stacked up since many life times. These karmic residues create the blockages that withhold you from manifesting your desires in this life time. Due to these karmic residues, you face lots of troubles and hardship in this life.
Physically, the second chakra is in your auric field approximately 6-7 inches above your head.
How to unblock:
- Accept that you are non-physical energy currently expressing itself physically. If it really helps you, you can imagine that you are a soul temporarily having a human body.
- Attune to certain minerals. Those that I see having the greatest effect on the soul star chakra are: Silver, Iron, Phenacite, Ametrine, Herderite, Selenite, Diamond, Datolite, Magnesite, Lemurian Crystal, Danburite, Celestite, Charoite, Golden Obsidian, Rhodonite, Pyrite, Petalite, Fossils and Boji stones and Nickel.
- Use herbs and essential oils. Those that I see having the greatest effect on the soul star chakra are: Neroli, Salvia, Roman Chamomile, White Angelica, Witch Hazel, White Sage, Bergamot, Cypress, Frankincense, Hyssop and the combination of sandal wood and cedar wood.